Thursday, December 6, 2012

June 8; we own the night

Day 124
Already June and I haven't finished souvenir shopping... So after class, Tanjin and I headed to the Silk Market and Pearl Market to finish that never ending list of souvenirs.
***
Some Chinese teachers invited us for dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. I haven't had Chinese food outside of cafe food for a while actually. Somehow we always end up in western food places. It was really sweet of them to treat us and it was nice to see the teachers out of their natural habitat. Remember when you were a kid and thought teachers lived at the school and have no lives out of it? Well, it's partly true for us - we live in the teacher's building on campus but we go out a lot. In the case of Chinese teachers, I have never seen any of the Chinese teachers outside of school. Not saying that they don't ever leave the school, but saying that it's nice to see them in a different setting.
ohmygosh sofa.  (I was missing sofas in my last entry)
Fact: you can bring your own drinks to many Chinese restaurants.
chuan'r (meat on stick), closest thing to wonton noodles soup, cornbread
It was too early to call it a night so we met up with the gang for some patio drinking in the summer heat where we met two French dudes named...waitforit..................................................................... Antoine.
How awesome is that? After we(referring to the boys) had their fair share of drinks, we ended up doing our fair share of dancing at Propaganda. The night was full of dance floor dancing, stage dancing,  twirling, imaginary sword fighting, top 40 music singing, talking to white guy who made his move in Chinese, dancing until 5:00 am until we were the only ones on the dance floor. By 5:45, we found the door and saw the light. How long were we in there? I guess it doesn't matter as long as I was with my girlies. Also I'm so glad I met so many awesome people on this trip. Also, I'm so glad I don't have to teach.

SLEEEP TIMEEEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment